.5 cm of textual records.
The Meadow Lake Mennonite Brethren Church was first organized as the Compass Mennonite Brethren Church in the 1930s with Frank Janzen as the first pastor of a congregation of 50 people. In 1957 the church moved to Rapid View. At the same time the Baptist church moved to Loon Lake, so some of the local Baptist members joined the Mennonite Brethren church. In 1961 members purchased a small Lutheran church in Meadow Lake and held their services in town. In 1965 and in 1978 they erected a larger buildings.
Pastors have been Frank Janzen (193?-1952), Dave Nickel (1952–1957), Arno Fast (1957–1960), Alfed Quiring (1960), Archie Jantzen (1960–1961), Bill Buller (1962–1972), Rueben Andres, Ben Klassen (1977), Gilbert Berg (1978–1987), Victor Nickel (1988–1990) and Bob Cappelle (1991-).
Since 1994 the church is known as the Northwest Community Church.
The language of worship is English.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of historical notes about the church.
Folder 1 was at CMBS before 1996 while folder 2 came from the Bethany Bible school archives.
Textual file list
- Volume 618.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches inventory BF521.
- “Meadow Lake Mennonite Brethren Church,” by Margery Cross. – 1985.
- History of Compass, Rapid View, and Meadow Lake. – 1968.
- Financial report. - 1995.