Products & Servicescrack
Alphabetical Listing
Forms and Documents
Interactive
Resources & Training
Church Health
Leadership Development
Reaching Out
Finance
Kindred Productions
Publications
Theology
Tools for the local church
Christian Press
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies
Mennonitische Rundschau Index
Canadian Conference of MB Churches
General Conference of MB Churches
John A. Toews Library
Katie Peters Genealogical Collection
MB Provincial Conferences and Churches
British Columbia Archives
Alberta Archives
Saskatchewan Archives
Saskatchewan Provincial Archives
Woodrow Gospel Chapel
Hope Fellowship Church
Gateway Community Church
Parkland Community Church
Elbow Christian Fellowship Church
Manitoba Archives
Ontario Archives
Quebec Archives
Maritimes Archives
Periodicals and newspapers
Other Mennonite and MB Organizations
About the Centre for MB Studies
Links to Related Sites
Archival Holdings
Theological Resources
Text To Terabyte Project
Mennonite Mirror
Festival Quarterly
Odessaer Zeitung
Mennonite Reporter
Sophia
PrintShareText Size:Small TextMedium TextLarge Text
 

1928–2012.
9 cm of textual records and one microfilm reel.


Administrative history
The Glenbush Mennonite Brethren Church, near Medstead Saskatchewan, is a member of the Canadian Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Churches. The first organizational meeting of settlers from Russia, led by Nikolai Pauls, was held in 1928. At this meeting Pauls was unanimously elected as the church leader and the group decided to join the Mennonite Brethren Conference. Also in 1928 the group erected a log building in which to worship and to conduct Sunday school. In 1931 the group built a more permanent church building.

For many years the church was led by local unpaid pastors.

Church leaders have been Nikolai Pauls (1928–1956), Abe Pauls (1956–1962 and 1966–1980), Abe J. Klassen (1963–1965), Victor Nickel (1982–1987), Lawrence Redekopp (1988), Lorne Willms (1989–1991) and Gord Willison (1992–1998), John D. Klaassen (1998-2008), Terry Wicks (2008-2010).

In 1997 the church had 64 members.

Scope and content

This fonds consists of the following series: Membership and family records, minutes of congregational meetings, and, weekly bulletins and other textual records.

Custodial history

Many of the records were microfilmed in 1978 through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference. The textual summarized minutes came to Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies from the Bethany Bible School in 1996.

Notes
Series description

Glenbush Mennonite Brethren Church membership and family records.
1978.
139 pp.; microfilm.

Membership and family records available on microfilm only.
Glenbush Mennonite Brethren Church minutes of congregational meetings.
1978.
341 pp.; microfilm.

Minutes of the congregation from 1928 to 1978, available on microfilm only.
Glenbush Mennonite Brethren Church bulletins and other textual records.
1978–2012.
9 cm of textual records.

This series consists of summarized minutes, historical notes, and church bulletins.

Textual file list

Volume 612

  1. Summarized minutes. – 1928–1978.
  2. Historical notes. – 1979–1980.
  3. Church bulletins. – 1993.
  4. Church bulletins. – 1994.
  5. Church bulletins. – 1995.
  6. Church bulletins. – 1996.
  7. Church bulletins. – 1997.
  8. Church bulletins. -- 2005.
  9. Church bulletins. -- 2006.
  10. Church bulletins. -- 2007.
  11. Church bulletins. -- 2008.
  12. Financial report. - 1995.
Volume 1343

  1. Church bulletins. -- 2009.
  2. Church bulletins. -- 2010.
  3. Church bulletins. -- 2011-2012.

Microfilm file list

Reel 13