Products & Servicescrack
Alphabetical Listing
Forms and Documents
Interactive
Resources & Training
Church Health
Leadership Development
Reaching Out
Finance
Kindred Productions
Publications
Theology
Tools for the local church
Christian Press
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies
Mennonitische Rundschau Index
Canadian Conference of MB Churches
General Conference of MB Churches
John A. Toews Library
Katie Peters Genealogical Collection
MB Provincial Conferences and Churches
British Columbia Archives
Alberta Archives
Saskatchewan Archives
Saskatchewan Provincial Archives
Woodrow Gospel Chapel
Hope Fellowship Church
Gateway Community Church
Parkland Community Church
Elbow Christian Fellowship Church
Manitoba Archives
Ontario Archives
Quebec Archives
Maritimes Archives
Periodicals and newspapers
Other Mennonite and MB Organizations
About the Centre for MB Studies
Links to Related Sites
Archival Holdings
Theological Resources
Text To Terabyte Project
Mennonite Mirror
Festival Quarterly
Odessaer Zeitung
Mennonite Reporter
Sophia
PrintShareText Size:Small TextMedium TextLarge Text
 

1956-1985.
5 mm of textual records and 2 photographs.


Administrative history
The Emmanuel Community Church was originally known as the The Pierceland Mennonite Brethren Church.  It began as a mission church under the auspices of the Western Children’s Mission. Beginning in 1939 Bethany Bible School students visited homes in the area and taught Daily Vacation Bible School. They also held church services in homes or in local schools. People actively involved in the beginning were Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Dyck, Ben Kroeker (Brotherfield), and George Giesbrecht (Hepburn). The first church building was made of squared logs and was built by local Christians. At first the building was divided into an auditorium and a manse. In 1960 a new church was built and in 1962 the church became indigenous.

In 1994 the church chaged its name to Grace Community Church.  In 1997 the church joined with another church in the community known as the Victory Chapel.  The new name of the church after this merger was Emmanuel Community Church.

Pastors were Abe Wiebe (1939–1944, 1947–1950), Dave Fehr (1945–1946), John G. Willems (1952–1956), Albert Pahlke (1956–1958, 1969–1971, 1973–1977), Waldo Lepp (1958–1959), George Reimer (1959–1963), Walter Penner (1963–1967), Adolph Redekopp (1967–1969), Carroll Hill (1971–1974), Isaac Sawatzky (1977–1992), Vince Hill (1993) and Steven K. Wiebe (1994-).

Scope and content
This fonds consists of some historical notes.

Custodial history

Most of these historical notes were at Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies before 1996, while file 1 came from the Bethany Bible School Archives.

Notes
Textual file list

Volume 622

  1. Historical notes. – 1978?
  2. “History of Church.” – 1978?
  3. “The Mennonite Brethren Church, Pierceland, Sask,” a history of the church. – 1985.
  4. Financial report. - 1995.
Two photographs – one of the church building and one of the congregation. – 1956?