3 mm of textual records.
The Carrot River Mennonite Brethren Gospel Mission (formerly Carrot River Gospel Chapel) is a member of the Canadian Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Churches. A group of people in the area began to meet around 1940. The church began as an MB mission station and became self-supporting in 1959.
In 2010 the church officially changed its name to Gospel Mission Church. The letter from Canada Revenue Agency is included in the file.
Pastors have been John Goodrich (1951–1952); Howard Sauder (1952–1963); Neil Funk (1965–1968); Rueben Andres (1968–1970); Hartlan Smith (1970–1973); Conrad Peters (1977–1982); Allan Cushway (1985); Herman Kroeker (1987–1991); Andrew Fehr (1992-).
In 1997 membership was 34.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of historical notes/minutes of the Carrot River Gospel Mission.
These historical notes came to the Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies in 1996 from the Bethany Bible School archives. In 2010, the letter from Canada Revenue Agency was included when the church returned their annual statistical survey.
- Location: Volume 604
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches inventory BF513.
- Historical notes/minutes/ and letter from Canada Revenue Agency. – 1973, 2010.