Products & Servicescrack
Alphabetical Listing
Forms and Documents
Interactive
Resources & Training
Church Health
Leadership Development
Reaching Out
Finance
Kindred Productions
Publications
Theology
Tools for the local church
Christian Press
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies
Mennonitische Rundschau Index
Canadian Conference of MB Churches
General Conference of MB Churches
John A. Toews Library
Katie Peters Genealogical Collection
MB Provincial Conferences and Churches
British Columbia Archives
Alberta Archives
Saskatchewan Archives
Saskatchewan Provincial Archives
Woodrow Gospel Chapel
Hope Fellowship Church
Gateway Community Church
Parkland Community Church
Elbow Christian Fellowship Church
Manitoba Archives
Ontario Archives
Quebec Archives
Maritimes Archives
Periodicals and newspapers
Other Mennonite and MB Organizations
About the Centre for MB Studies
Links to Related Sites
Archival Holdings
Theological Resources
Text To Terabyte Project
Mennonite Mirror
Festival Quarterly
Odessaer Zeitung
Mennonite Reporter
Sophia
PrintShareText Size:Small TextMedium TextLarge Text
 

1926–1948.
1.5 cm of textual records.


Administrative history
The Mennonite Brethren church at Blumenort, Saskatchewan was located 34 km due south of Swift Current. It was founded on 26 May 1926. The twelve charter members were Johann and Elise Funk, Franz and Katharina Martens, Maria Martens, Jacob Martens, Abram and Sarah Koop, Abram and Susanna Riediger, and Heinrich and Katharina Penner.

Franz Martens officiated several baptisms and weddings. Other officiants included C.C. Penner (1929), Gerhard Remple (1932), Johann Funk (1938-1939), Heinrich Klassen (1942), and Franz J. Peters (1944). The Blumenort Mennonite Brethren Church had a total of 148 members in its 22 year history. Sixty-four people were baptized and eight couples married.

Popular destinations for departing members after the church’s dissolution in 1948 included Reinfeld, Swift Current, Main Centre and Rosedale. 

The language of worship is German.

Scope and content
This fonds consists of one church book containing membership information.

Custodial history
This book came to the Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies as part of Acc. #1999-057.

Notes

Textual file list

Volume 645
  1. Membership register. – 1926–1948.