9.5 cm of textual records.
The St. Vital MB Church was chartered in 1989 with 21 members and officially joined the Manitoba Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. It began using rented facilities as a meeting house in the St. Vital area of Winnipeg. In 1998 it changed rented facilities and in 1999 it moved into the St. Boniface Evangelical Christian Church meeting house and renamed itself the Crossroads Mennonite Brethren Church. In 2000 the membership stood at 62.
The leaders of the congregation were: James Alty (1989), Carolee and Ken Neufeld (1990–1993, 1995–1996), Henry Regier (1994), Edith and Marvin Dyck (1997– ).
The language of worship is English.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of congregational minutes and reports (1994–1995), congregational bulletins (1993–1995, 2005-2010), and congregational directories (1994–1996).
Records were transferred to the Centre for MB Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 1995.
St. Vital Mennonite Brethren Church minutes.
- Volume 533.
- Finding aid consists of a series description and a file list is available.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of MB Churches inventory BC-554.
- Related material: Manitoba Mennonite Brethren Conference fonds, Moderator's files, box 2:42.
- Described by Bert Friesen 13 September 2001, updated by Yvonne Snider-Nighswander 12 October 2011. Updated by Kate Woltmann July 18, 2013.
- No restrictions on access.
0.5 cm of textual records.
This series consists of congregation meeting minutes, a report of detailed options for the future of the congregation (1995), and minutes of a meeting with Manitoba conference authorities concerning the congregation’s future (1995).
St. Vital Mennonite Brethren Church bulletins.
7.9 cm. of textual records.
This series consists of congregational bulletins (1993–1995).
St. Vital Mennonite Brethren Church Directories.
0.1 cm of textual records.
This series consists of congregational telephone and address directories (1994, 1995/1996).
Textual file list
- St. Vital Mennonite Brethren Church minutes. – 1994–1995.
- St. Vital Mennonite Brethren Church bulletins. – 1993–1995.
- St. Vital Mennonite Brethren Church directories. – 1994–1996.
- Membership list. -- [19--].
- Constitution. -- 1988.
- Mission statement. -- [19--].
- Church bulletins. -- 2005.
- Church bulletins. -- 2006.
- Church bulletins. -- 2008
- Church bulletins. -- 2007.
- Church bulletins. -- 2009.
- Church bulletins. -- 2010.
- Church bulletins. -- 2011.
- Church bulletins. -- 2012.