5 cm of textual records and 1 microfilm reel.
The Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church held its first service in 1925 and was officially organized in 1934 as a branch of the North End (Elmwood) Mennonite Brethren Church in Winnipeg. It became a member of the Manitoba Provincial and the Canadian conferences. Eventually, the church dissolved and transferred their membership to the North End (Elmwood) Mennonite Brethren Church in 1978.
The leaders of the church included: Isaak Penner (1933–1938), Jacob Esau (1938–1939), Peter Epp (1939–1942), Johann Thiessen (1942–1943), Isaak Penner (1943–1951), Franz Falk (1951–1953), Nick Thiessen (1953–1978).
The language of worship is German.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of a historical sketch, congregational meeting minutes, financial ledgers and a receipt book.
Some of the materials were microfilmed through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference.
Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church history.
- Volume 439.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches inventory BC516 (series description and file list available).
- Finding aid for microfilm: R86, pp 217–350.
- Microfilm file list adapted from a previous finding aid by Leslie Wiebe June 2003.
1 mm of textual records.
This series consists of information for a historical sketch.
Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church congregational minutes.
- Finding aid: Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church file list no. 1.
1 cm of textual records and 133 pp (microfilm).
This series consists of congregational meeting minutes.
Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church ledgers.
- Finding aid: Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church file list no. 2.
- microfilm R86, pp 217–350.
3 cm of textual records.
This series consists of treasury and financial ledges and a receipt book.
Textual file list
- Finding aid: Marquette Mennonite Brethren Church file list no. 3–5.
Microfilm file list
- History. – 1974.
- Congregational Minutes. – 1953–1978.
- Financial Ledger. – 1956–1971.
- Treasury Ledger. – 1970–1972.
- Receipt Book. – 1970–1971.
- Congregational Meeting Minutes (Book I). – Oct.1953–Set.1978. – p.217–350.