Products & Servicescrack
Alphabetical Listing
Forms and Documents
Interactive
Resources & Training
Church Health
Leadership Development
Reaching Out
Finance
Kindred Productions
Publications
Theology
Tools for the local church
Christian Press
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies
Mennonitische Rundschau Index
Canadian Conference of MB Churches
General Conference of MB Churches
John A. Toews Library
Katie Peters Genealogical Collection
MB Provincial Conferences and Churches
British Columbia Archives
Alberta Archives
Saskatchewan Archives
Manitoba Archives
Manitoba Provincial Archives
Concord College - Winnipeg
Halbstadt M.B. Church
Ontario Archives
Quebec Archives
Maritimes Archives
Periodicals and newspapers
Other Mennonite and MB Organizations
About the Centre for MB Studies
Links to Related Sites
Archival Holdings
Theological Resources
Text To Terabyte Project
Mennonite Mirror
Festival Quarterly
Odessaer Zeitung
Mennonite Reporter
Sophia
PrintShareText Size:Small TextMedium TextLarge Text
 

[19-].
0.1 cm of textual records and 1 microfilm reel.

Administrative history
This congregation was begun by Russian immigrants arriving in the Brookdale area in 1927. The congregation was formed in 1930 as the Brookdale Mennonite Brethren Church. The congregation met to worship in private homes and rental facilities until 1944 when the first meeting place was built in the Justice area and the name was changed to Justice Mennonite Brethren Church. In 1953 a new meeting place was built on the same site. The membership in 1930 was 10 members and in 2000 at Justice MB Church was 34 members in 1944 and 41 members in 2000.

The leaders of the congregation were: (in Brookdale MB Church) Jacob A. Loewen (1930–1937), Jacob J. Loewen (1938–1944); (in Justice MB Church) Jacob J. Loewen (1944–1955, 1957–1960), Henry P. Penner (1956, 1961–1962), Ben A. Friesen (1963–1967), Walter Loewen (1968–1975), Peter Friesen (1976–1978), Abe J. Froese (1981–1984), Gerald Peters (1986–1987), Gerry Harms (1989– ).

The language of worship is English.  The transition from German occured in the 1950's.

Scope and content
This fonds consist of an undated congregational directory, a brief history (ca.1930–1955), church membership, family, and marriage registers (ca.1935–1979), congregational meeting minutes (1930–1978), and church council meeting minutes (1969–1977).

Custodial history
Records were transferred to the Centre for MB Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Some records were microfilmed in 1978 through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference. That microfilmed material includes a brief history, church membership, family and marriage registers, minutes of congregational meetings and church council meetings.

Notes


Series description

Justice Mennonite Brethren Church Directory.
[between 1996 and 1997].
0.1 cm of textual records.

This series consists of an undated congregational address and telephone directory.

Justice Mennonite Brethren Church, Justice, Manitoba Records.
[ca.1930]–1978.
pp.483–1223; microfilm.

This series consists of a brief history (ca.1930–1955), church membership, family, and marriage registers (ca.1935–1979), congregational meeting minutes (1930–1978), and church council meeting minutes (1969–1977).

Textual file list

Volume 420
  1. Justice Mennonite Brethren Church Directory. – [between 1996 and 1997].

Microfilm file list

Reel 88