7 cm of textual records, 2 CDs and 2 photographs.
The Flin Flon MB Church began in 1984 as a church planting effort of the Manitoba Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. They met in various rental facilities with attendance varying from about 10 to 50 until they purchased the St. Peter’s Anglican Church in 1991. The membership was 16 in 2000. In 2006 the congregation changed it's name to Cornerstone Community Church of Flin Flon.
The leaders of the congregation were: Dale Warkentin (1984–2003); Alex Suderman (2003–2004 ); and Scott and Natalie Koop (2004–2008); Lorne Moorehead (2008-2009); Randall Krahn (2010 - ).
The Koops were commissioned for work in two congregations, Flin Flon Mennonite Brethren Church and the Northern Fellowship Chapel (EMC) in Creighton, Saskatchewan.
The language of worship is English.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of records created by the church showing the development of the church and its programs and the people involved in the church. Materials include a history (1984–1994) of the congregation, church building files including blueprints, church constitution, and bulletins.
Records were transferred to the Centre for MB Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In 2005 a package was sent by church treasurer, Sandra Schroeder, including correspondence, building information, and bulletins from 2003–2005 and added to the existing materials. Another package was sent by Sandra Schroeder in 2007 containing Church minutes, bulletins and a letter from Canada Revenue regarding the name change and another package in early 2009.
Textual file list
- Volume 527, photo collection NP168.
- Finding aid consists of a series description and a file list is available.
- Accession number 2005-025.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference MB Churches inventory BC-547.
- Described by Bert Friesen September 6, 2001; updated by Conrad Stoesz September 16, 2005 ; updated by Tamara Dyck November 2008, Conrad Stoesz February 10, 2009; updated by Yvonne Snider-Nighswander March 4, 2013.
- No restrictions on access.
- More accruals expected.
DVD collection MCD-22
- A Decade of God’s Faithfulness: Flin Flon Mennonite Brethren Church, Marge Warkentin. – 1994.
- Church Constitutions. – 1985, 1988.
- Congregational Directory. – [ca. 1985].
- Congregational meeting reports. – 1994.
- Church building correspondence and blue prints. – 1963, 1991, 2001.
- Correspondence including letter regarding charitable status. – 1988–2001.
- Bulletins. – 1993–1995.
- Bulletins. – 1996–1999.
- Bulletins. – 2000–2003.
- Bulletins. – 2003–2005.
- Bulletins. -- 2006.
- Letter from Revenue Canada confirming change of name to Cornerstone Community Church of Flin Flon. -- 2006.
- Meeting minutes and reports. -- 2005-2006.
- Meeting minutes and reports. -- 2007-2008.
- Bulletins. - 2007.
- Bulletins. - 2008.
MCD-22-01: Church Renovation, January 1995.
MCD-22-12: 25th Anniversary, August 30, 2009.
Photograph collection NP168
NP168-01:1 Commissioning service for Scott and Natalie Koop.
October 31, 2004. – 15 x 10 cm [col.].
This photo is of people involved with the commission service for Scott and Natalie Koop at the Flin Flon Mennonite Brethren Church and the Northern Fellowship Chapel of Creighton, SK (Evangelical Mennonite Church or EMC). From left to right is Herb Kopp, Joe Buie, Eckart Buhlmann, Natalie Koop holding daughter Marissa Koop, Scott Koop, Spencer Koop, Lorne Moorhead, Margaret Moorhead, Deb Odegaard, David Thiessen.
NP168-01:2 Commissioning service for Scott and Natalie Koop.
October 31, 2004. – 15 x 10 cm [col.].
This photo is of Herb Kopp (Manitoba MB Conference Minister) speaking to Scott and Natalie Koop at their commissioning service in Flin Flon MB Church. Watching is David Thiessen conference pastor of the Evangelical Mennonite Conference (EMC).