4 cm of textual records and 1 microfilm reel.
The Christian Centre began in 1974 with a store front in the expanding mining community of Snow Lake, Manitoba. Day camps had been held in the area since 1970. The director of these camps in 1973 and 1974, Ken Neufeld, then moved to this community and the store was opened in the autumn of 1974 supplying religious material. This facility was renovated and expanded for more congregational activities after 1976. In 1979 it was officially chartered as a congregation and joined the Manitoba Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. In the summer of 1979 construction of a new church building began. This building was completed in 1980. The membership stood at 16 in 1980 and 24 in 2000. The congregation has in many ways reflected the fortunes of a mining community with its activities, membership, and emphases.
The leaders of the congregation were: Ken Neufeld (1974–1981), Jacob Balzer (1982), John Klassen (1983–1988), Neil Hiebert (1989–1992), Henry Regier (1993), and Cornelius Plett (1994– ).
Scope and content
This fonds consists of three series Christian Centre Fellowship history, Christian Fellowship Minutes and other documents, Christian Fellowship bulletins.
Some of the records were microfilmed in 1981. Other records were transferred to the Centre for MB Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Volume 435.
- Finding aid consists of a series description and file list is available.
- Finding aid: The records are classified under the Canadian Conference of MB Churches inventory BC-514.
- Finding aid for microfilm: R132, pp. 1–61.
- Described by Bert Friesen September 4, 2001, microfilm file list adapted from a previous finding aid by Leslie Wiebe June 2003.
- No restrictions.
Christian Centre Fellowship history.
0.25 cm. of textual records.
This series consists of a history of founding of the congregation in 1974 and a history of the construction of the church building, 1979–1980. There is a second folder giving a more detailed history of the congregation to 1985.
Christian Centre Fellowship Minutes and other documents.
2.25 cm. of textual records.
This series consists of congregational meeting minutes including financial statements, council meeting minutes, correspondence, and plans for a new church building.
Christian Centre Fellowship bulletins.
1 cm. of textual records. – 61 pp.; microfilm.
This series consists of weekly bulletins. The microfilm covers 1979–1980, and the textual records cover 1981–1982.
Textual file list
Microfilm file list
- Christian Centre Fellowship, Snow Lake, Manitoba. – 1974–[ca. 1980].
- Snow Lake Christian Centre Fellowship History. – 1985.
- Christian Centre (Snow Lake) Congregational Minutes. – 1978–1981.
- Christian Centre (Snow Lake) Council Minutes. – 1980–1982.
- Christian Centre (Snow Lake) Minutes of the Annual Meeting. – 1979–1981.
- Christian Centre Fellowship MB Church, Snow Lake, Manitoba. – 1979–1981.
- Christian Centre Fellowhip, Snow Lake, Manitoba bulletins. – 1981.
- Christian Centre Fellowship, Snow Lake, Manitoba bulletins. – 1982.
- Christian Centre Fellowship, Snow Lake, Manitoba Membership and Map. – 1980.
- Membership List. – undated.
- Constitution. – 1979.
- Church Bulletins. – Feb.11, 1979–Nov.16, 1980. – p.1–61.