Products & Servicescrack
Alphabetical Listing
Forms and Documents
Interactive
Resources & Training
Church Health
Leadership Development
Reaching Out
Finance
Kindred Productions
Publications
Theology
Tools for the local church
Christian Press
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies
Mennonitische Rundschau Index
Canadian Conference of MB Churches
General Conference of MB Churches
John A. Toews Library
Katie Peters Genealogical Collection
MB Provincial Conferences and Churches
British Columbia Archives
British Columbia Provincial Archives
Alberta Archives
Saskatchewan Archives
Manitoba Archives
Ontario Archives
Quebec Archives
Maritimes Archives
Periodicals and newspapers
Other Mennonite and MB Organizations
About the Centre for MB Studies
Links to Related Sites
Archival Holdings
Theological Resources
Text To Terabyte Project
Mennonite Mirror
Festival Quarterly
Odessaer Zeitung
Mennonite Reporter
Sophia
PrintShareText Size:Small TextMedium TextLarge Text
 

1967–1993.
1 mm of textual records and 1 microfilm reel.


Administrative history

The Saanich Community Church in Victoria, British Columbia was started in 1968 through mission work of the B.C. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and Mennonite migration into the area. John and Evelyn Baerg were sent by the Conference’s Church extension program in 1968 and were helped by George and Carol Brown in 1970.

In 1971 a charter was signed with 18 charter members officially founding the congregation. It became a member of the Mennonite Brethren family of Conferences in 1973.

For the next few years they met in homes and community centres. In 1975 they purchased a facility, and the Browns were appointed full-time pastor couple and they remained pastor couple of the church until 1979.

Membership was 30 in 1975 and 52 in 2000.

Those to have led the congregation include: John Baerg (1968–1970), George Brown (1970–1979), Paul Unger (1979–1984), Leslie Biggs (1984–1990), Doug Enns (1990–1999), David Eagle (2002– 2008), Kathleen Busch (2008- ).

Scope and content
This fonds consists of history, a bulletin, and congregational meeting minutes.

Custodial history
It is unclear when this material came to the archives. The microfilmed material came to the archives after a Conference wide microfilming program in ca. 1978 lead by J.B. Toews.

Notes
Textual file list

Volume 387 Date
1. History. 1967–1985
2. Bulletin. 1993

Microfilm file list

Reel 69 Date Pages
Congregational Meeting Minutes. Oct 1971–Jun 1978 1333–1411